Frequently Asked Questions by Members
I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about Association of Professional Ball Players of America. Tell me more about the project.
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Association of Professional Ball Players of America. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years. This project allows Association of Professional Ball Players of America to hear about your personal experiences and how the organization helped to shape your life. And, while we have you on the phone, we want to make sure your contact information is up to date.
Does Association of Professional Ball Players of America benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage members
- Legacy – sharing and collecting stories preserves the history of our organization
- Revenue – generates non-dues revenue for member programs
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our organization
How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law.
I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, and then ask you to share your story about your time with Association of Professional Ball Players of America. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Association of Professional Ball Players of America at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated Association of Professional Ball Players of America update line at 1-800-775-6545.
Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com or to the organization directly.
I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time until August 4, 2023, to share your story.
I shared a story and the representative said I could send a photo. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload one photo (black and white or color) plus a caption.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send a physical photo in to be printed (note: the photo will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
Can anyone purchase a book?
The Association of Professional Ball Players of America Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Association of Professional Ball Players of America members.
When will I receive my book?
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12-14 months. Since we began the project in February 2023, the books will be distributed in February–April 2024.
I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.